GSoC progress for week #5.
Get rid of Writer-Images
- Bug: tdf#34438 (Image-Group) - [feature request, FORMATTING] group selection does not work with raster images.
Last week I shared a blog post of my research on this bug here and this week I posted a comment about my 2-week research on the bug page of tdf#34438 here, and Regina Henschel replied with a comment here (thanks for the reply):
[…] So from my point of view we should get rid of Writer-images. But that is a long way. […] So to get rid of Writer-images it would be necessary to implement the services, which are provided by Writer-images for Draw-images too …
So, the last decision is: get rid of writer-images. Convert them into drawing objects, but also implement the writer-images’ services/attributes to drawing-images.
Prevent jump to top of the comment view / Writer-comments
- Bug: tdf#91519: Jump of document canvas view to the top of the comment disrupts editing of long comments.
- Commit: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/118638 (waiting for review)
In Writer, there are 3 issues about comment section:
comment section scrolls to top of its view when clicking inside a comment view.
clicking inside a comment view, scrolls the view to old cursor location automatically (if old cursor out of the visible area).
comment section scrolls automatically to the old selected text (if it’s out of visible area) when clicking inside the Writer canvas view.
Another annoying issue: multi-selection (after a certain changes in the code)
- Fix for “autoscroll to old cursor location”
GetOutlinerView()->ShowCursor(); has a default value
true if no argument passed in. I realized that this line causes the autoscroll to the old cursor location, and setting it to
false solved the issue.
- Fix for “jumping to the top of comment view”
Just remove unnecessary
const bool bLockView = mrView.GetWrtShell().IsViewLocked(); line, set
.LockView( bLockView ); to
.LockView( true ); because we activating
SetActiveSidebarWin here, it should be
true and this fixes the jumping to the top of comment view issue with:
- Fix for “scrolling automatically to the old selected text”
Steps to reproduce: (in comments section)
- select text (2-3 words for example) - scroll selected text to unvisible area (up or down) - click into the writer document canvas
Result: comment writing area scrolls to unvisible selected text(s) (it becomes visible)
Expected result: don’t scroll to the selected area, just make it unmarked.
ShowCursor( bGotoCursor ); causes the jumping when deactivating the comment canvas (when clicking into writer document canvas).
Just made it to:
if (HasSelection()) ShowCursor( bGotoCursor );
and it’s solved.
- When typing, current view have to jump to typing location
After the certain changes in the code, I realized that the writer document canvas doesn’t jump to typing location. After a long process of debugging in the code base, found that comment section LockView doesn’t set to false:
mrSidebarWin.LockView();, I created a new method in
sw/source/uibase/docvw/AnnotationWin2.cxx to have access
Summary of week #5
- We decided that we should get rid of writer-images and convert them into the drawing objects without losing the services of writer-images
- Sent a patch about tdf#91519: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/118638
Next Week TO-DO
- Work on tdf#51665: Support diagonal borders in TABLEs
- Update the UI for diagonal borders